Closing date: 15/09/2017
Salary: £22,404 - £27,165
Job purpose: To deliver on NERC Airborne Research Facility data processing. This entails processing remotely sensed data acquired by NERC's suite of airborne instruments and maintaining existing processing systems.
- Process raw data from airborne LiDAR, hyperspectral and digital camera systems into a high quality product for delivery to customers.
- Assist with maintenance and development of automated processing systems.
- Assist customers, with support from the NERC-ARF team, on the use of NERC-ARF data through the help desk service.
Experience and eligibility - the successful candidate will have:
- a minimum of 2 years experience in Numerical or Image processing
- a bachelor degree in Science or Computing
- excellent IT skills
- strong communication skills, both written and oral
- good understanding of numerical skills
- experience of using remotely sensed data or spatial datasets would be an advantage